Research Engineer – Image and Video Analysis (Paris)
Location: Paris, France
LTU technologies is seeking to hire a lead-research engineer. A seasoned researcher with excellent academic background and a strong hands-on industrial experience, he/she will be in charge of designing, implementing and validating new algorithms according to our needs, optimizing our current algorithmic core and selecting new technologies to acquire or license and integrate. More generally, he/she will foster innovation and technological excellence inside LTU tech, and also represent LTU tech’s technological excellence in the academic and technological worlds.
As a member of the research and development team, you will have a key role in the design and development of our algorithms. Your role will encompass the following:
- Design, development, optimization, validation of new image and video indexing, classification, detection, tagging algorithms
- Programming, documenting and supporting these algorithms (C++ mostly)
- Defining our algorithm development, validating framework and procedures
- Advising our customers on how to optimize the usage of our algorithms in their environments
- Representing LTU tech’s technological excellence in the academic and high tech spheres
- Developing ties and partnerships with the scientific community and academic or industrial research labs
- PhD in computer vision, image processing, video processing, artificial intelligence or any connected area. And a passion for this field!
- A strong applied technology experience, preferably within an industrial research lab.
- A wide knowledge of various artificial intelligence or multimedia data analysis fields – neural nets, SVMs, speech and sound recognition, OCR, speech to text…
- Strong C++ and Java programming skills, as well as the corresponding development tools in Windows and Linux.
- International scientific reputation, publications in international reviews and conference proceedings.
- Team-oriented with the ability to teach others and learn from them
- Fluency in French and English
- Linux OS skills, SQL skills and software quality knowledge are a plus
- Where: Paris (1st arrondissement)
- Date: ASAP
- Compensation: based on experience and skills
Please send a resume and cover letter to irs-job (at) ltutech.com – reference is JOB522